- Opinion PiecePosted 1 year ago
- The Launch Of The Vision 2030 Publication Is Just Around The CornerPosted 1 year ago
- Are You, As A Leader, Looking After Your People?Posted 1 year ago
- Case studies from top companies: the future of empowerment in SAPosted 2 years ago
- A Sharper EQ Equals Greater SuccessPosted 2 years ago
- Almost half of us want to change careerPosted 2 years ago
The Future of Empowerment Summit
16 & 17 September 2015 – Emperors Palace, Johannesburg
Hosted by Topco Media, The Future of Empowerment Summit recognises outstanding empowerment and transformation organisations and individuals in South Africa. Learn the strategies from award winning companies that have successfully implemented B-BBEE codes over the last 15 years, earning their accreditation as South Africa’s leading empowered companies at the Oliver Empowerment Awards.
Why you should attend
The building blocks – Learn to identify and address the fundamental building blocks of B-BBEE that are essential for compliance through case studies from top winners.
Long-term investment – Increase profit and viability and assist your company to enter emerging markets.
Insight – Learn the secrets of the top empowered companies.
Strategies – Understand how to implement strategies and demonstrate results.
Skills development – Alleviate poverty through job creation and transformative enterprise development.
Network & connect – Meet and interact with leaders of industry and government.
Names of speakers
Our key expert speakers are from various sectors within the industry and government. Through them we hope to provide knowledge that will enable individuals and companies to adopt methodologies which can positively transform the socio-economic environment and achieve strategic organisational and state objectives.
- Mzwandile Masina, Deputy Minister, The Department of Trade and Industry
- Dr Mathews Phosa, Attorney and Politician
- Allon Raiz, CEO, Raizcorp
- Babalwa, Chief Executive Officer of Sinayowethu Group
- Barlow Manilal, CEO, Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- Cassim Coovadia, Managing Director of Banking Association of SA
Topics covered at the conference
- The new B-BBEE codes: The implications these changes will have on your business
- Transformation: A reminder of why we are doing this and a reflection of the revised B-BBEE codes
- Building a business that is relevant to South Africa’s businesses and consumers
- Supplier development: The core strategy of enterprise development
- Financial services: New financial sector codes that are due to be gazetted in October 2015
- How Nedbank, as a top 5 JSE listed top 100 empowered company, has created sustainable empowerment
- Compliance of multinationals to government’s development and transformation
- The freedom charter and economic empowerment
- How South Africa can survive as a society
- Empowering from the bottom up
- How transformation is the management of South Africa’s economy
- Insights from government: Assessing government’s expectations in terms of B-BBEE status
- How can transformation be used to increase performance in your business while contributing to society?
- The role of the B-BBEE codes and the difference between B-BBEE and corporate transformation
- The recognition of equity equivalents for multinationals
Who should attend?
- Managing Directors
- General Managers
- Business Owners
- Senior Executives
- Financial Managers and Directors
- Human Resource Managers
- Equity Managers
- Diversity Managers
- Change Managers
- BEE Directors and Managers
- Representatives from local, provincial and national government