- Opinion PiecePosted 1 year ago
- The Launch Of The Vision 2030 Publication Is Just Around The CornerPosted 1 year ago
- Are You, As A Leader, Looking After Your People?Posted 1 year ago
- Case studies from top companies: the future of empowerment in SAPosted 2 years ago
- A Sharper EQ Equals Greater SuccessPosted 2 years ago
- Almost half of us want to change careerPosted 2 years ago
Johannesburg Expo Centre: The hostess with the mostest
With its 30-year legacy, its international reputation for service excellence and its impressive portfolio of events, the Johannesburg Expo Centre (JEC) is a venue that needs no introduction. Unlike any other venue in the exhibitions, conference and events industry, the JEC is perfectly equipped to host any event, from an intimate company dinner to a music festival of 40 000 raving fans. In a bid to distinguish itself further in the industry, the Expo Centre is introducing Wi-Fi across the entire vicinity, as well as opening a brand new business centre for visitors and contractors to utilise.
What makes the JEC such a unique venue? Here are our top 10 reasons:
- Multipurpose facilities providing more than 50 000m² of indoor space
- More than 100 000m² of versatile outdoor space and 20 000 parking bays
- Smaller upmarket facilities encompassing 4 000m²
- A multipurpose arena that can accommodate up to 20 000 people
- It is located just 15 minutes from a variety of three, four and five star hotels
- It can be accessed from all major highways and is only 30 minutes from both OR Tambo International Airport and Lanseria Airport
- Individual gates and entrances for each hall provide ease of access for build-up and break-down
- Its world-class facilities have received the PMR Africa Award in 2007, 2011, 2013 and 2014
- The JEC is a member of EXSA, UFI, SACCI and SOJO
- It has a registered helicopter landing base, managed by Capital Air
“We have the capacity, expertise, experience, resources and strategic partnerships to host an event of any size, across a broad client base,” explains JEC CEO Craig Newman. “As a dedicated exhibition, conference and events venue, we are more than prepared to meet the unique demands of every event.”
In addition, the Nasrec showgrounds is now home to a fully functional business centre. The centre, which will be operated and staffed by Green Exhibitions, will not only cater for visitors but also the contractors responsible for setting up events. “We recognise that our partners have different requirements and the business centre is geared towards catering for these specific needs,” explains Newman.
Among other services, the business centre will provide an onsite printer for A4 colour printing, an Internet Connection with two laptops, photo copy services, scanning, ringbinding, laminating and StandShield protection for exhibition stands. Exhibitors and contractors will also have access to consumables such as Adhesives, adhesive tape, screws for different applications, cable ties, extension leads, plugs, adaptors and general stationary.
All ICT-Services to the JEC will be provided by UCOMS so that exhibitors and registered day visitors will have access to a Free Internet Communication Service (FICS). “This is just one of the exciting new developments taking place here,” says Newman. “It’s part of the commitment we’ve made to our clients and stakeholders – to always provide the best possible experience.”
Over the years, the Expo Centre has made a commitment to keeping abreast of the demands of a growing exhibition, conference and events industry, as South Africa becomes a destination of choice for business tourism both locally, in Africa and abroad.
“We are proud of our achievements in this business and the extent to which we have evolved but we never take our status as a world-class venue for granted,” Newman says. “We are always looking at ways to improve our service offering so that our clients never expect anything less than the very best,” he concluded.