- Opinion PiecePosted 1 year ago
- The Launch Of The Vision 2030 Publication Is Just Around The CornerPosted 1 year ago
- Are You, As A Leader, Looking After Your People?Posted 1 year ago
- Case studies from top companies: the future of empowerment in SAPosted 2 years ago
- A Sharper EQ Equals Greater SuccessPosted 2 years ago
- Almost half of us want to change careerPosted 2 years ago
How to sell ice to an Eskimo
Five quick tips to make a hard sell, easy.
1. Know your prospect. What do they want? Don’t call them Eskimos. They prefer Inuit.
2. Know your product. There’s ice and there’s ice. Use your expertise to make it relevant to them.
3. Be honest. If it doesn’t freeze at 0 degrees, don’t tell them it does. Reputation is priceless.
4. Try a little charm. People sell products, not facts. Be enthusiastic but not pushy.
5. Close the deal. Get them to agree in principle to five tonnes of glacier. Then throw in a cocktail shaker.